Last modified: June 21, 2023
What information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you sign up for an account or communicate with us, we collect identifiers such as your name and email address. When you sign up for a account, we collect your email address, your name, payment information (optional in case you select to save it) and your address country and city and records of orders purchased. We may also collect information when you request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, including your name and any other information you choose to provide.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our Services and to communicate with you about our Services. We may also use the information we collect to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, and to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of FET Academy and others.
How we share the information we collect
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of FET Academy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among FET Academy and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Advertising and analytics services provided by others
Transfer of information to the United States
FET Academy is based in the United Kingdom and we process and store information in the United Kingdom Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update your email address at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please contact us at https://www.fetacademy.com/contact-us/ but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Categories of Information We Collect, Use and Disclose for Business Purposes: We may collect the following categories of personal information, as described in the “What information we collect” section above:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address or IP address
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services
- Other information you provide, such as messages to customer service
- Inferences drawn from any of the above
Your Rights. Users have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, and to not be discriminated against. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at https://www.fetacademy.com/contact-us/. If you have a paid account and would like to access the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by logging into your account.
In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information. We will verify your request by sending an email to the email address we have on file, and asking you to confirm your request by responding to that email. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with power of attorney or written and signed permission to submit the request as well as verify your own identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you have provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Sale of Personal Information. FET Academy does not sell information that directly identifies our customers such as their names or email addresses. We do use marketing and advertising partners, however, and we share cookies, IP addresses, and device identifiers with them so that they can help us promote our Services. You can opt out of receiving certain targeted advertising as described in the “Advertising and analytics services provided by others” section above.
The Services are not directed to children under 18. Parents or legal guardians must provide their verified consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of a child’s personal information. FET Academy will not collect, use, or disclose any personal information from a person that FET Academy knows to be a child under 18 if their parent or guardian does not provide such consent.
The FET Academy website and/or app may contain links to other sites. FET Academy assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. FET Academy encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.
- ‘‘All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’
- ‘’ https://www.fetacademy.com/ will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties’’
- ‘’ https://www.fetacademy.com/ takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (https://www.fetacademy.com/) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- ‘’The https://www.fetacademy.com/ is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.’’
- “The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted”.
How to contact us